Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19, 2016

Holy Smokes this was a killer week here in the Zoo. Just all around! We got a ton done this week, and as we worked hard, we were blessed. A lot. hahaha :) We taught the most lessons in this week than I ever have before, and still got the most finding time and service time as well. That alone was awesome just to work that hard, but the end of the week was what made it the best. So, a few weeks ago we set a date with our recent convert, Maria Lino, to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead. the date that we set was September 17. So this week we spent a few hours with her in the family history center, and helped her prepare just a few names. She was so excited though to find those ancestors, it was awesome to see. I feel like a lot of us in the Church take that for granted. Especially when we think that our family history is already being done by random Aunt Sue. There is still so much for us to do, and the joy that we get from bringing those names to the temple and performing these ordinances for them is like nothing else. GET THE SPIRIT OF ELIJAH! It is dope.
But anyways, I don't have a ton of time, cuz I have to do a survey from the AP's... but I wanted to share how amazing the temple was this weekend. Maria was so grateful that we could help her ancestors with that. The coolest part was Elder Graves and I got to baptize each other for her grandfathers. She told us that she felt them accept that ordinance, all accept one of her grandmas, but she still was so happy that she could give her grandma that opportunity! I have not felt the Spirit in such abundance in a long long time. The Temple really is the House of The Lord. I absolutely love it, and it is the reason that Heavenly Father's plan of salvation is possible. How crazy is that? GO TO THE TEMPLE MY FRIENDS!!


Love Elder Tyler Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment