Monday, September 12, 2016

August 1, 2016

Sad to hear about my chickens tragic death.  Good thing we have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation!  Joseph Smith said that animals go to the Celestial Kingdom, so they're golden.  We will see them again. lol.  

Anyways, I am running out of time!  For some reason everyone and their dog decided to email me this week, so here is the skinny!  Elder Graves is a stud.  He is learning and progressing way faster than I did as a new missionary, and being able to see him change has been so awesome.  It is so rewarding being a trainer!  A little stressful, but it's all worth it!  He and I are finally building up the teaching pool here in Kalamazoo again.  We are finally up to 6 investigators (which this area hasn't seen in a while!)  and all of them are pretty awesome.  The top investigators right now are Tiffany,  and a guy we knocked into named Jason.  Jason had us over for dinner and a lesson last night, and it was one of the best lessons that I have been a part of.  We went over the Plan of Salvation with him, and he loved it.  As we talked about our purpose here on earth, and how it is a time to prepare to meet God, he went on a rant about how grateful he was for modern prophets to help us be prepared.  He has only met with us twice, and his testimony is already growing and developing!  It was awesome to see.  And his food was bomb, even though he was a vegetarian.  No judgments though ;)  He is at a pretty low point in his life right now, and he repeatedly tells us how he is already seeing a difference in his life as he has read the Book of Mormon and prayed about the things that we teach.  He is letting himself be changed by the message of our Savior, which is the point of this whole Gospel!  I can't even explain how great it is to watch it change those around us.  We are blessed more than we sometimes realize.  

Oh Speaking of investigators, we are about to have 8.  Because (drum roll please).......... CAROL AND JESSIE ARE MOVING TO KALAMAZOO!!!!!!!  Carol showed up to church this Sunday and told me that she is moving here at the beginning of September!!!! She still hasn't been baptized, so I will get to work with her once again, and man am I excited to do that.  Those two are some of my favorite people in Michigan.  I was so happy when she told me this, and what a surprise it was to see her again!

In other News, Elder Graves and I went out to a little town called Galesburg (about 10 miles outside of Kzoo)  to work with some less active members and do some door knocking.  While we were out there,  all of our rides bailed on us.  two days in a row.  So we got to walk all the way home from Galesburg twice this week, so my feet are still a little sore hahahaha.  But we got some good ol pictures from it.  I will have to attach those on here too.  Memories amirite?

We also had a big ward bbq this week!  It was supposed to be at this park downtown, but this is monsoon season or something in Michigan, because we had flash floods like 3 times this week.  But back to my point, the bbq got moved to the stake center to get us all out of the rain.  Elder Graves and I went and helped do the cooking and we also made some pies for a pie contest.  Guess who won??!  NOT US!! hahahah we actually placed last and second to last.  Whatever, I liked my pie.

Anyways, I think that is the major events of the week.  I am sure I will have more for ya next week ;)  

Love Elder Tyler Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment