Monday, September 12, 2016

July 25, 2016 - First Week as a DAD

I can't believe that another week has come and gone.  This one was packed full of new adventures!  It all began on a cold dark Monday morning.  Just kidding it was a pretty normal morning.  Humid as heck and warm.  But on that monday morning Elder Quintana and I drove to the stake center to drop him off at the transfer van.  



The van got there at about 9:30 and my boy Elder Gibby was on the van!  It was so good to get to see him before he heads up North for a few transfers.  I love that guy!  But we loaded up all of Elder Quintanas stuff and got them on the road before going to work.  Elder Fluckiger and I were together for most of the day since both of our companions got transfered, so we spent the day knocking on some doors in my area.  After a few hours of that we met up with the Zone Leaders who we then went on splits with to get some other stuff done.  After another few hours driving to different areas with Elder Turley and Elder Julander,  we headed back to the church to wait for the transfer van to be back with our new or temporary companions.  I met up with Elder Brienholt and that night him and I drove to Battle Creek to work for a couple days until we had to go get our trainees in Lansing.  It was fun getting to go in and whitewash an area.  There was so much work to do and we got the ball rolling for him and his boy.  It was a blast.

One thing that Elder Brienholt taught me while we were together was how to play pokemon, and now there is an Elder in my district who plays, and now I am a nerd on p days.  We seriously have pokemon tournaments.  Don't judge us for being nerds, but hey my b day is in a few weeks so don't be scared to send me some good cards.  Preferably electric or fire.  Just throwing that out there hahahaha :)

Anyhow back to serious business!  I loved Elder Brienholt.  Me and him had a blast for sure.  But we drove to Lansing together on Thursday to get our boys, and that was an exciting time.  We all lined up across the gym from each other, trainers on one side trainees on the other.  Then President Jacobsen handed out little programs with who our sons would be, and on the count of 3 we all opened them to see who we got.  I got a big boy!  

His name is Elder Graves.  He is from San Jose Cali, and loves to surf.  He also loves to work which is exactly what I hoped for, cuz I am putting him to work you better believe it!  In the two working days that we had, we were able to teach 6 lessons and pick up 2 new investigators.  I know that doesn't sound like a ton, but that is more than any week last transfer, so we were really happy to get things here in Kalamazoo going again.  The Ward loves us now too.  His personality is great to interact with the members and I think between us and the Spirit, we can get the whole ward involved in Missionary work again.  that is our goal because this ward is pretty weak right now.  Man I am excited to help Elder Graves progress as a missionary.  We have a ball together, and we have our shoulders to the wheel!  He is a stud.  

But overall, that was this week.  We didn't knock into any Satan Worshipers again, and we didn't do anything stupid so that's good ;)  This is gonna be a good transfer.  Just to wrap up this email, I want to talk about the importance of the Sacrament.  As I have been out for the last few months, I have had a lot of time to think and study and pray about the Sacrament.  It really is a blessing that we have like none other.  As I have spent more time making sure that I am prepared for Sacrament meeting in every way, the lifestyle of my mission has changed.  I used to look forward to p-day each week, but now I look forward to being able to partake of the Sacrament.  The Spirit that comes as we worthily partake of the Bread and Water truly will cleanse us of our sins, and as we pray each week to know what to do better in the coming week, we will receive personal revelation as to how we can improve.  I know that is true, I am so grateful for the Sacrament and what it means to all of us.  I hope that you take the time to really think about what the Sacrament is, why we have it, and how it can help you.  Understanding the what why and how of anything is so important.  So this week, think about it, then go partake of it this Sunday.  IT'll bless ya :)

Love Elder Tyler Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment