Tell everyone that I love them!
As for my week, this one was a lot more eventful than last! Thank goodness. This week we taught more investigator lessons than I have on any other week of my mission, and we picked up 4 new investigators that are pretty solid! The two that I want to bring up today are a couple named Stephanie and Don. We were out door knocking last week, and they were sitting on their front porch so obviously we approached them to invite them to learn. We struck up a casual conversation with them, and in the course of the conversation, a very vital concern came to light. Stephanie told us that she felt like she didn't know her purpose on this earth, so we told her that is one of the many things that we help people come to understand. She was intrigued and told us we could have one shot at teaching her, so we scheduled for later in the week. We showed up, got to know them some more, and taught them the Plan of Salvation with an emphasis on the purpose of life. It was SWEET. Her and Don both continued to ask awesome questions that lead us straight to the rest of the lesson. At the end we asked her if she felt like she understood her purpose now, and she told us she now understood why God had placed her here, and then came the money question: She asked, "so what do I need to do to prepare myself to meet God?" And that lead us perfectly to explaining that we teach people the commandments that God has given us as revealed to prophets, and this "one time lesson" turned into a return appointment to continue teaching. It was really cool to see how all of her concerns will be addressed through the revealed truths that we have. It was another testament to me that everyone needs the Gospel, whether they know it now or not. We just need to help them understand why they need it.
We picked up a couple other investigators like them, and will continue to teach them this coming week. I will letcha know how those go next Monday! One person that I do want to report on today is our investigator Jason. HE is such a stud muffin. He is fresh out of prison, I think I told you that earlier, but he has progressed so much in the few weeks that we have met with him. I have never worked with someone who has applied the Atonement so much in just a few short weeks. He has a lot of super hard struggles, but he has seen the Atonement already giving him strength to stand up and be better. It's amazing honestly. He has some of the best understanding of the Bible that I have ever seen as well, which has been super cool as well. I prefer to do most of my teaching out of the Book of Mormon to help people recognize it as the word of God, and so they can find answers in it on their own after we leave, but everything that we teach, he accepts as true because he can find evidence for a lot of it in the Bible! That's been cool because most people use the Bible strictly to bash with us. Which btw is useless. They only read the parts they want to. But that is a story for another day. Jason is just the coolest. I love him to death. He is even making me a birthday cake next week hahahah. I took some pictures with him, but I left my USB and my camera in the car so I am going to send all my pics next week. Sorry.
Finally, in news for the next few days, Thursday is half mission P Day in Grand Rapids. That will be fun. And I get to do trade off's with the Zone Leaders tonight so that is always a party. That is a glimpse into next weeks email! Enjoy the Sneak Peak! The Church is true. And just like we were able to teach Stephanie this week, the whole purpose of this life is to prepare ourselves to meet God. We don't have a long time to do it, so this is the time to learn and grow and change! Always do your best to choose the right, because really that is all that matters. Becoming as perfect as we can now is all that matters. So go do it ;)
Love
Elder Tyler Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment